Sunday, December 2, 2012

social awarness proj

I can't stand it. I hate school and everyone in it. They think they are so amazing and perfect.
" Have a fun day my love. Love you" my mom calls as i get out the car.
I ignore her. I hate my mom. I hate my life.
"Uh-oh" I think as Lisa passes by. She hates me. Why? I don't know. But one day. I'm gonna stand up to her.
" Look guys" she starts " its the little loser"
All her friends laugh. Everyone is staring at me. I run, that's all i can think of doing. Running.
" Look at the little baby. Run!"
I stop in the bathroom and bawl. I can't stop and i bawl till i hear loud foot steps
" I swear she came in the bathroom" one girl yells. I look around. The only way to escape is through the window. I know if i stay here they will pick on me and hit me. i make a bold descion and jump. Once im down, I run fast. About five blocks away i stop and gasp for breath. I jog home and cry. The next morning I shamefully walk into my school building.





  One day, as i was taking the train home a homeless man got on and asked for money. In New York City this isn't an odd thing to witness. As the homeless man walked by, another man stated mumbling under his breath. The young homeless man stop and asked if he was talking to him. The following conversation was said "I'm sorry sir were you talking to me?" the homeless man said. "No i wasn't talking to yo stupid ass" the man riding the train said
"Excuse me?"
"What?"
"You said something"
"Damn right i did"
"Well then... I just asked if you were talking to me"
"No. Was i looking at you?"
"Sir, i don"t see whats wrong"
"Look little white boy, this is my problem, You white kids run around with $50 allowances a week and spend it on weed and all different types of drugs. When yo dumb ass parents realize that they sick you they kick you out. Now you got the nerve to come on the trains and ask working people for money!'
" Well sir--"
"Shut up!"
"I don't know what the fuck your problem is but you don't know me"
"BUT I DO! I know the spoiled white boy who gets it all and when he doesn't he does some stupid thing like this"
"That's like me saying i know the negro man who eats fried chicken everyday for dinner"
By then i was already at my stop and i ran out the train.

    I think what happened here was a very racist and unfair thing. The man riding the train didn't even know the homeless man and judged. Because he was white he automaticly asmumed that he was a drugie boy who got kicked out. It wasn't fair to the boy. I don't think the man had to get deffensive either. But what was also unfair was how the homeless man was rude back. How he remarked the man was a very rascit comment as well. Just because of a persons certain race doesnt mean they are that sterotype.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment