Thursday, September 13, 2012

Reading Response

This summer I read the book "Anatomy of a Boyfriend" by Daria Snadowsky. This book is about a girl named Dom and her friend Amy. Dom bumps into this boy named Wesley at a football game. Amy, Dom's friend, tries to get them together. Amy becomes successful and they do manage to get together. Dom refuses to get together with Wesley at first.
The way the ran into each other was quite embarrassing. Dom was going to the porta potties when she saw a chunky woman with a huge fanny pack going int the only unoccupied porta pottie. That when she trips and falls face forward onto the grass. That is when Wesley comes in. He helps her up and they chat a little. When Amy finds out that Wesley and Dom were talking, she dug deeper to find out more about Wesley.
One thing i noticed about Dom is that at first, she really didn't want to get with Wesley. I thought she didnt want a boyfriend because she was scared of being rejected. I think she was also just nervius about the fact of having a boyfriend. I don't think Dom's had a boyfriend before. She might not be very knowledgeable about how to have a boyfriend.
Another idea i thought why she didn't want to date Wesley was because she was maybe feeling undermined by Amy. Amy was very popular amongst boy. She said she will wait until marriage to do "it", but until then she'll do anything but "it". I think Dom felt as if she were falling into Amy's shadow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment